Financial Aidnternational Study Visit of PGPIM Students
PGPIM aims at preparing business leaders who are well equipped to face the challenges of managing the fast growing Infrastructure & Allied Sectors in leading economies. PGPIM Curriculum, therefore, includes Study visits to Mega International Infrastructure Projects covering different areas of Infrastructure. The Objectives of International Study Visits are :
1) Ensure that the participants get an opportunity to understand the functioning of major infrastructure projects in global environment,
2) Expose the students to work practices in an environment different from their "home culture" thus facilitating cultural connectivity and enhancing professional development.
3) Enable the students to gain insights into various aspects of operating systems and efficiency parameters of Infrastructure Projects abroad.
4) Help internationalize curricula and prepare students for global workplaces.
5) Give an opportunity to the participants to obtain first-hand experience of the business culture of foreign countries.
2009-10 Batch visited Indonesia, Malaysia and China
All the participants of the first batch (2009-10) of PGPIM visited Mega Infrastructure Projects in Indonesia, Malaysia and China during November 21 to December 5, 2009.
The participants visited P T Adani Global’s Coal Mines in Bunyu Island in Indonesia. They visited Port Klang (North Port & West Port) & Port Klang Free Zone in Malaysia. In China, they visited Tianjin Port, Tsingua University, Beijing Olympic Stadium, Power Plant Equipment Manufacturing facilities of Shanghai General Electric Group, Wuijing Power Plant and Shanghai Urban Development Museum, etc.
At Tsingua University, the participants had an interactive session with Dr. Bai Chong En, Deputy Dean, School of Economics and Management on "Infrastructure Development in China : Case Studies of Electricity, Railways and Highways".
In Shanghai, the Chief Executive Officer, State Bank of India, Shanghai gave a presentation to the participants on "Role of Banks in China’s Infrastructure Development : Lessons for Indian Banks".
Prior to these international study visits, the participants visited Infrastructure projects of Adani Group at Mundra (Mundra Port, SEZ, Private Railway Line, Adani Power, etc.) in October 2009.
**This information has been collected from the company's website http://www.aiim.ac.in . Trademark belongs to respective owners. The listing was last modified on 14-Mar-2011